Your teeth and gums are important and perhaps are the parts of your body underrated. With age, decay dental and gum disease are becoming more common. However, it is possible to prevent and even reverse the decline in hygiene oral following a series of simple steps. Strengthening teeth and gums you can be done without specialized equipment and requires only small changes in your daily routine.
- Brush your teeth regularly. Brushing three times a day, once after each meal, you avoid the buildup of plaque, which is an important part of preventing damage to teeth and gums first. Floss at least once a day, eliminating food debris between your teeth. A waxed thread prevent damage to your gums.
- Avoid foods and beverages that are harmful to teeth, as rich in sugar or acid. Although natural sugars, such as those found in fruits and vegetables are good, those that are made from refined sugars, such as those found in sweets or colas, are harmful. Avoiding them typically prevent your teeth and gums experience further damage.
- Control your diet includes foods that promote the growth of teeth and gums. Yogurt, cheese and milk contain calcium, which helps the teeth become stronger. Grapefruit has also been shown to improve gum health, but must wait 30 minutes after eating grapefruit before brushing your teeth. Kiwis, lemons and blueberries also kill oral bacteria, which helps strengthen teeth, gums and freshen breath.
- Use supplements to boost the benefit obtained from the diet. The fluorine, either over the counter or by prescription can be used to strengthen teeth. MI Paste can also be used to rebuild the tooth enamel because it contains high levels of calcium. Xylitol is also available in a variety of products without prescription and helps fight harmful bacteria.
- Visit your dentist every six months and consulate if you are concerned about the weakness of your teeth or gums. If you have teeth or gums especially susceptible, you may want to visit your dentist more regularly and be able to recommend the best course of action for you.
- Massage your gums with a rubber tip stimulating gums. This increases blood flow to the area and can help your gums become stronger and healthier faster.
Tips & Warnings
- If you are seriously concerned about the state of your teeth, talk to your dentist immediately. If you feel pain lasting more than twelve hours, you must request an emergency appointment.